Ben je er klaar voor?
Klaar voor het zware werk als helikoptervlieger? Nu kan het binnen X-Plane V11.50b4+. De gratis plugin ”Helicopter Sling Load 1.0.0” is namelijk uitgekomen en hier te downloaden. Leuk feitje, je kunt nu ook branden blussen met een zogenoemde helicopter bucket. U vind de plugin hier.Succes!
The plugin is filled with amazing features that make it a really advanced system for sling loading and external cargo.
- Using the X-Plane dataref. Yes, it should also work on Mars.
- Rope forces: The rope is considered an single mass oscillator.
- Stretch forces.
- Damping forces according to the speed the rope is stretching.
- Air drag: The object is considered cuboid.
- Object speed plus wind.
- Air density depending on altitude and weather, using the X-Plane dataref.
- CW value for each side of the cuboid.
- Surface of each side.
- Roll and pitch of the object are considered.
- Water drag:
- Same as the Air drag, except that the object is always upright as it hits the ground.
- Air and water drag are weighted according to the water line. This means that the wind might move a floating object.
- Water displacement:
- Upward forces by the water displacement. If the object is lighter than water, it will swim.
- Bambi buckets don’t swim and fill with water instantly, according to the water line.
- Static friction when the object is still on the solid ground.
- Glide friction when the object is moving on the solid ground.
- Damping by the operator: When lifting an object, the operators on winch or on the hook will usually try to stabilize the load. Otherwise the short rope would start hazardous oscillations.
- Rope length where the operators start the stabilization.
- Maximum force the operator may apply .
- For 3rd party plugins:
- Plugin may apply additional forces (e.g. to simulate ground operator).
- Plugin may rotate the cargo.
- Forces on the Helicopter:
- Forces of the rope.
- Momentum that is caused by the positioning of the winch
There are a few things missing, though and the author has listed them all as well:
- Cargo rotation (except rotation by external plugin)
- Rotor downwash
- Ground impact:
- When hitting the ground, the vertical speed is put to zero. No bouncing off the ground.
- When hitting the ground, the object is always upright. No flipping over.
- There is no momentum on the load. All forces apply in the CoG, which is considered at the rope
- mounting point.
- Bambi bucket limited water flow when dropped into water
- Terrain steepness is not considered. For HSL the terrain is always flat.
- Cargo maximum forces. Cargo never breaks, no matter how hard it hits the ground.
- Full rope simulation, currently the rope is always straight.
- Fire temperature increase of the surroundings
- Fire turbulence simulation
- Fire in replay
- Load Profiles
Honestly, the amount of information about the plugin is so long that I really recommend you read it all at the download page and explore it.
This plugin was tested in X-Plane 11.50b4, using the Vulkan engine. In fact, it has some issues with the OpenGL version.